Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Weight Check Up


Last Wednesday Madelynn weighed 7 pounds 15 ounces. Dr. Blair wanted us to come back today (the 29th) and weigh her again. Maddie needed to gain an ounce a day per the pediatrician. Well I brought her in today and she weighed 8 pounds 2.5 ounces. Not quite up to her birth weight yet. I cannot understand this as this girl eats constantly! I don't think we do anything else besides feed her and let her sleep. :)

I was told to start supplementing her bottles with formula. I started that three days ago. :( So today I've been trying to trade and give her a formula bottle at every other feeding. She doesn't like that so much.

Monday we bring her in to weigh her again. Here's to hoping that she has gained more weight. Hopefully she's not like Rachelle and I. Rachelle just finally got over 100 pounds and she'll be 21 in two months and 11 days (as she so dutifully reminded me today) and I got up to 100 my junior year in high school. The doctor may just have to accept that although Madelynn may be tall she will probably be lanky as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment